Missionary or religious institution Visa

If you are traveling to Bolivia through a Religious Institution or Organization, you will also be required to have:

  • Letter from the Local Religious Organization Branch stating that it is a member of a Religious Entity properly registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bolivia
  • Legalized Certificate of membership issued by the Religious Institution or Organization to which you belong, properly translated and legalized in the applicant’s country of origin.
  • Completed Sworn Statement For Visa Application
  • Valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
  • One current passport size photograph.
  • Letter of introduction
  • Letter of company or sponsoring institution
  • Photocopy of ticket or itinerary.
  • Hotel reservations
  • YELLOW FEVER VACCINE (See official statement from the Ministry of Health on the front and back page of this window)
  • Fee $85 Money Order payable to CONSULADO DE BOLIVIA

 IMPORTANT: Incomplete applications will be returned without being processed

Incomplete applications will be returned without being processed. There is no expedited option, please plan accordingly



Please scan all the required documents (#2 to #6) before you begin your application. Processing time is of 7 business days, starting when we receive application, payment and actual passport.


Sworn Statement For Visa Application    

Jurisdiction of the Consulate General of Bolivia in MIAMI, FL


Processing by Mail

 You can complete the process by mail. Payment must be sent in Money Order payable to the Consulate of Bolivia.

We recommend using a reliable, certified or express courrier mail service.

You may enclose a self addressed, stamped envelope for return of the documents. *** If you wish to order by courier service, you must enclose a pre-paid air bill with your order that is preaddressed FROM YOU and TO YOU. (Do not collect or cash on delivery (COD) mail or air bills can be sent from this office.)

Shipping and returns costs are covered by the applicant. The Consulate is not responsible for lost or damaged documents outside the office or during transit.